Thursday, January 17, 2013

24. Sense of Entitlement...


"Michael, did you get any notes today?" I asked.

"No, I looked in my blue folder and I have no notes."

Whenever Michael does not listen to his teachers he gets a note in his folder, for misbehaving. We've been collecting quite a few. Alright, a few more than just a few.

"I am so proud of you Michael for listening to your teachers today," I say proudly and lovingly.

That feeling got crushed pretty quickly...

"But Mom, can I get something special because I didn't get any notes?"

"I'm sorry honey, you don't get something for doing the right thing."

"But I want something," whines Michael.

"Well, how about you get to watch a long movie this weekend," I respond.
Michael has not watched any tv this week. We're only watching tv on the weekends.

"I want something specialer than that."

Specialer... there's a word I haven't heard before, but I'll take it.

"How about we watch TWO movies this weekend?"

"No, I want something else."

"How about I make you spaghetti and meatballs?"

Frustrated, followed by a BIG sigh, "Mommmm!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment